My Writer's Digest Virtual Booth

 The final phase of my COME THE HARPIES publishing venture will be my participation in the virtual 2020 Writer's Digest Conference. The highlight for me will be the chance to pitch my book to several agents who specialize in my genre. 

Since the conference is being conducted online due to the Covid-19 thing, each author presents him/herself through a virtual "booth." The booth is simply a landing page that agents can access that consists of my photo, a brief biography, a link to this blog, and a video comprising my pitch.

Last week I downloaded all those elements to the conference website. Making the video was a painful experience, and no one will confuse my presentation with a David Sedaris monologue. But it's done, and here it is.



After viewing this masterpiece, agents should be enticed to request a sample of my work. If not, they will lose my respect!

4 comments:

  1. I like the fact that you tel a story in this and not a concept. I suspect that will count in your favor. Good luck. Or it too late? No date attached to the conference that I saw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. It's too late--the conference was yesterday and my wonderful presentation was rejected by five agents. They're a curious bunch.

    ReplyDelete

Some Blogs Never Die--They Just Go On Hiatus

When last we met, I had just resurrected this blog to announce that one of my unpublished novels won an award. The book still hasn't bee...