Follow My Adventure

I’m trying to get my book published. For those of you who have tried getting a book published and even those who have succeeded in placing your darling with a publisher, that simple statement may sound naïve. 

Hmmph! Join the crowd! 

Getting a book published by a commercial trade publisher is akin to an actor trying to break into the movies or Broadway. The odds are infinitesimal, even if what you’ve written is worthy, which is a much smaller subset than those who have only written. 

Take it from one who knows. COME THE HARPIES is my sixth book, and the third novel that I’m trying to publish. Two of my books, MEDICUS and RACE RIOT, though getting a few positive sniffs from a couple of agents, ended up being self-published. But that’s not good enough for COME THE HARPIES, my best book. This one IMHO is worthy of commercial publication, and I’m going to systematically go about trying to make that happen.

And that is the point of this blog. Figuring out how to make that happen!

Because I’ve done the research, made an investment, and will do what the experts suggest. I’m using as my guide THE ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO GETTING YOUR BOOK PUBLISHED by Arielle Eckstut and David Henry Sterry, as well as what I’ve learned from WRITER’S DIGEST, the Writer’s Digest Bootcamp, and the Rutgers Writers’ Conference as a well as a plethora of articles and author interviews. 

In fact, this blog represents an implementation of a widely echoed suggestion from all my sources. It’s called “building a platform.” This blog is part of my platform—to get my name out in the ether. This blog is connected to pre-existing nodes of my platform on Goodreads and Amazon. 

I intend to update this blog at least once a week, preferably more often, because I’ve been informed that it’s the only way a blog can succeed. So come back frequently. Comment frequently. Follow my journey, especially if you’re an unknown writer like myself, and maybe we can learn how to do this thing together. 

So, let’s begin! 


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Good luck! Will be checking in :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck to you on this internet adventure! Looking forward to reading about your progress.

    ReplyDelete

He's Alive (?)

So it's been almost two years since my last post, which was gonna be my last post. But here I am again. A wooden nickel in human form. I...